For those who love taco night, making your own tortillas can seem like a daunting task. They’re often made with a mix of flour and water, which masquerades as the healthiest option, but it doesn’t hold a candle to a cheese shell. Who doesn’t love a good taco, anyway?
I’m on Low Carb, and I love it! So, I’ve been looking for recipes that will help me make some great low-carb tacos. You see, I have to keep the carbs low to keep my hunger at bay, so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on real food. A few days ago, I found a recipe for low-carb taco shells that was made with cheddar cheese! I couldn’t believe it. I mean, how can cheese be low-carb? Well, I found out, and these shells are amazing. They’re made from grated cheddar cheese, and they’re delicious, low-carb, and easy to make!
Do you miss the crispy tacos? These easy low-carb taco shells are a must try!
Make this low-carb taco shell recipe using only grated cheese! It works great, tastes great and is very easy to make. You’ll be hooked! Spirit = blown.
Tips for making low-carb taco shells
- Since cheese is the only ingredient in this recipe, choosing the right cheese is essential for a good low-carb taco shell. You want a cheese that is low in moisture, gets crunchy when cooked, and has a flavor that matches Mexican cuisine. I usually use the Mexican mix for taco shells, but cheddar cheese works well for everything else too!
- To keep your taco shells thin and crispy, use only a very thin layer of cheese. You can even increase the distance between the cheese and the parchment paper to make it crumbly.
- When you make the cheese circles, make sure they are the same size. In this way, all the shells are cooked at the same time.
- These low-carb tacos are most delicious when made the same day. They don’t heat up very well because the cheese softens when heated. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for a few days, but they won’t be as crispy as they were on the first day.
Low-carb taco shells
.. : 4 SERIES
Preparation time: 2 MINUTES
Cooking time: 8 MINUTES
Total time : 10 MINUTES
This is a complete game changer for those who stick to low-calorie meals!
- 2 cups grated cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 1/2 cup grated cheese in a thin layer on a 6-inch circle.
Bake at 400 degrees until light brown, about 6-8 minutes (possibly longer, depending on the size of the circles).
Build a small platform of large cups and place spoons or chopsticks on the cups.
Use a spatula to transfer the cheese to the serving dishes. Allow to cool until firm.
Fill with taco meat and toppings! YUMMY!
Demand: 4 servings, serving size: 1 taco shell
Amount per serving:
219.5 calories | 18 g fat | 1.1 g total carbohydrates | 0 g fiber | 0 g granulated sugar | 13.4 g protein | 1.1 g net carbs
Provided for you by
This is an absolute killjoy for low-calorie eaters!
Let’s face it: If you want to skip your Taco Tuesday, lettuce cups can get boring fast. You can turn many dishes into tacos with these simple cheese shells – sloppy joes, shredded BBQ meat, tuna salad can all be great fillers!
You can also try a different grated cheese, like parmesan, and even add it to this elegant taco holder!
A WORD FROM COLLIN: I talk about these cheese bowls, as well as why I’m on a ketogenic / low-carb diet, in a Facebook Live video here! My father even participated in the conversation!
These taco seasonings are better than store bought!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do taco shells have carbs?
Taco shells are made from corn, so they do have carbs.
What are taco shells made of?
Taco shells are made of corn tortillas.
Are corn taco shells Keto-friendly?
No, corn taco shells are not keto-friendly.
Feedback,keto taco shells cheeseketo cheese taco shells in panketo taco shells no cheesemozzarella cheese taco shellslow carb taco shells walmartcheese taco shells costco,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,keto taco shells cheese,keto cheese taco shells in pan,keto taco shells no cheese,mozzarella cheese taco shells,low carb taco shells walmart,how to make cheese taco shells in microwave,cheese taco shells costco,how to make a cheese tortilla in a pan